Spray Foam - Cellulose - Fiberglass

Material Information

Insulation & Supply, Co.

Attic Insulation:

Why should you insulate your attic? As energy costs continue to rise, we need to find effective, inexpensive ways to improve your home's energy efficiency. Most existing homes do not have enough insulation in their attics. The Department of Energy recommends a minimum R-49 insulation for open attics in this area. Current codes only require an R-38. Even in a brand new house you may not have sufficient insulation. Homes built before the 1990's have much less attic insulation.
A large percentage of a home's energy can be lost through an attic with insufficient insulation. By simply adding more insulation you can save up to 20% on your utility bill.

Loose fill, blown-in insulation:

loose fill blow-in insulation is a great option for an attic and walls. While standard fiberglass "batts" are cut and pieced together, blown insulation forms one continuous blanket that covers the entire attic and fills wall cavities. We offer two different types of loose fill, blown-in Cellulose and PROPINK L-77 Loose fill Insulation.

Cellulose Insulation:

Cellulose is made up of 85% recycled newsprint. The other 15% is fire retardant additives. Regardless of the type of insulation you currently have in your attic, blown cellulose is an excellent option for upgrading and improving your attic insulation and increasing your home's energy efficiency.

PROPINK L-77 Loose fill Insulation:

PROPINK L-77 Loose Fill Insulation is certified for use in multiple applications, including walls, attics, cathedral ceilings and floors in new construction and retrofit applications. Because Fiberglas insulation will not settle, it will maintain the same energy-saving R-value over time, it is non-combustible, noncorrosive and won't retain moisture resisting fungus and mold growth to preserve the interior construction of your home. With its acoustical benefit it also helps you enjoy a more quiet home..​

Air Sealing:

For attic insulation to work properly, it must be resting on a solid, rigid surface referred to as the air barrier. In most cases the air barrier is the ceiling's drywall. Without a solid surface to lie on, air will flow through the insulation and create cold spots. Most of these "cold spots" are created by penetrations through the drywall by plumbing, duct work, chases and flues. Shamrock can locate and seal these leaks to create a sealed air barrier.

Drill and Fill Applications:

Some older homes have no insulation in the exterior walls. We can remedy this situation by drilling holes in the walls (from either the inside or the outside) and blowing in loose fill cellulose insulation. This will help stop heat loss through the walls and increase the comfort level inside the house. This procedure can also be used to create sound-proofing between rooms in a house or an office building.

Closed Cell Foam Insulation: 

ThermoSeal 2000 is a semi-rigid, high density, closed cell 2.0lb polyurethane foam insulation system which insulates and air seals your building structure. It is designed to make homes more energy efficient, stronger, healthier, quieter and more comfortable. ThermoSeal 2000 is applied as a liquid spray which expands approximately 15 times its initial mass and cures within seconds into a semi-rigid mass. Fills all building cavities completely sealing all cracks, crevices, and voids where air loss and infiltration are most common.

Open Cell Foam Insulation: 

ThermoSeal 500 is a semi-rigid, totally water blown, .5lb light density polyurethane foam insulation. make homes more energy efficient, quieter, healthier and more comfortable applied as a liquid spray which expands approximately 100 times


Are your floors cold? If that floor is over a crawlspace, you may be missing insulation. We have found that older homes built on crawlspaces have little, or more times than not, no insulation in the crawlspace. With a quick and easy inspection, we can determine if you need to insulate your crawlspace.  

New Construction / Remodels:

For new homes we offer Spray foam, batt, and blown insulation. Fiberglass batt insulation in the exterior walls is a common application. We can also install netting on exterior walls and blow in loose fill cellulose insulation for a "dense pack" application.

Contact us today at 847.886.7382 to schedule your free estimate.